Many Jeep lovers purchase hardtop because hardtop is quieter than soft top, believe me. And it allow them to put a rack and crossbars on the top of storage. So you can bring skis, boards, woods or ladders on the top of the storage. And do you know that hardtop has higher re-sale value? With this reasons, many people purchase the hardtop because it is way worth more than soft top. But sometimes they don’t know how to install this valuable thing.
So here we are again with some tips for Jeep lovers on how to install Jeep wrangler 2 door hardtop. Yes, this article will talk about the 2 door hardtop, so if you have 2 doors on your Jeep make sure you read these steps to install the hard top.
How to install Jeep wrangler 2 door hardtop?
- Lift he hard top with a partner and place it on the wrangler’s roof. We have a tip for you, you can leave the rear door and you can open the window for better clearance
- Replace the rear window washer hose. If you don’t know how to replace it, push the rear window washer hose up until you hear a click. We will remind you that it’s not necessary to pinch up the grips on the connector
- Replace and reinstall the wiring harness by press the side tan and put it in a place. Then you lock the red locking tab and slide it sideways
- Using a 40 Torx head screwdriver to replace the 6 Torx screws (3 per side) inside the rear cargo area to protect the Jeep wrangler 2 door hardtop. A tip again for you: you can find 40 Torx head screwdriver in any auto part store.
How to install the front panels?
- First, install the right side panels. Make sure the locating pin is positioned properly in the hole on the side bar
- At the top of the windshield there is a header latch, close it
- On the overhead speaker bar assembly there is a rear fastener knob clockwise, place and turn it until secure
- After that turn the rear L-shaped lock above the shoulder belt anchor and turn the center L-shaped lock from the center of the roof panel.